Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Favorites: "Hiding Place"

The other day I was playing with my son, and he asked me to make him a hiding place. I created a hiding place for him out of pillows and blankets. As he crawled into the hiding place, this old worship song popped into my head. I was reminded of how God is our hiding place. In the psalms, the authors will often refer to God as the one in whom we can take refuge. Take the opening of Psalm 18 for example: "I love you, LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold," (Psalm 18:1-2). Today let's take refuge in God's love, strength, and salvation!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome message, song and the chirping birds in the background. HE is our refuge and HE can bring comfort to all that ask. Thank you for doing this on Fridays too. Peace, Love & Joy be with you Pastor PJ on this beautiful day. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful song ... thanks for reminding us! Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a feeling it is going to be stuck in my head for a while also! Erik

    ReplyDelete